Friday, November 4, 2011

Colorful Textured Backpacks

For my accessory project, in my Apparel Design class, I chose to design backpacks (other people chose shoes, hats, sunglasses, purses.....) because I'm always in need of a bag that can accommodate my camera/purse/notebook/life.
I spent all last night in the Pratt computer labs (uhh everyone is so mean there....except Michaela, but she wasn't working) scanning all my apparel projects so that I can eventually post them here...

Here is my missy project from last year, if ya care to take a peek
Mood Board Collage.
I was inspired by the color and texture of natural objects (does this surprise anyone???)
EX: the jellyfish reminded me of blue and orange tassels, & I loved the color and pattern of the pheasant feathers...etc.
All the backpacks combine a ton of different fabrics and textured metal. The shell/dinted textured metal is hinged at the openings (and added as detail) making the bags more 3D.
Metal side panel so the bag doesn't collapse on itself....also tasseled zippers.......
Metal triangle flap, and green leather tassels if you can't tell.....
3D metal dome....

Do you guys have a favorite? I'd love to hear!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!
Come back again soon!