Sunday, December 25, 2011

Summer Bridal Collection

Mood Board for my vintage/old fashioned/summertime inspired bridal collection.
I wanted the dresses to have the feel of an elegant, simple, county wedding.
My teacher wrote on my comment sheet: "I think you just chose images and designed for your future wedding".....ooops SUE ME....I'm a 19 year old girl who likes flower arrangements in mason jars...
All of the fabric/trims (which are hard to differentiate on the computer) are shades of white, off-white, and ivory. Most of the fabric is tea died to give it a soft vintage look....which I tea died myself...in tea....that I was drinking....and continued to drink after I took the fabric out........
I used a lot of antique lace and layers of chiffon, which was hard to illustrate (but you can use your imagination:)
I also played with the idea of a shorter wedding dress that still looks elegant. This one has a train.
Panels of antique lace that would be more off-white and delicate looking in real life.
another shorter number
For this project I had to create a customer and come up with market research for the dresses. The inspiration photos below put everything in more of a context for what the wedding of my hypothetical customer could be like.
wedding cookies > wedding cake

The prettiest hair i've ever seen.
Short wedding dress inspiration!

Dress detail inspiration.
This collar kills me with it's infinite beauty! ah!
Ok i'm ready now!...lets go GET MARRIED  have a wedding party....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!
Come back again soon!